16 December, 2011

screw fitzgerald; i like exclamation marks

In the absence of recommendations from my friends or other blogs I read, I tend to head to the bookstore or the library and use my inner divining rod to lead me in the direction of stuff I'll like. This works well sometimes (I discovered Sarah Rees Brennan and the Kushiel series this way) and not so well other times. Like now, when I'm slogging through a book I'm not in love with, but don't hate enough to abandon. I should've known better than to try an experiment in reading during the week before Christmas when I work in retail...

At any rate, I bring you an updated schedule. Please note that I post these mostly for self-accountability; I don't really expect most of you to care what I plan to read and when. But if I tell you all when something will be posted, there's a much higher likelihood that it will actually get written on time. :)

  • The Stranger by Max Frei - December 22
  • Treasure Island!!! by Sara Levine - December 26 (library)
  • Bloodsucking Fiends by Christopher Moore - December 31 (optimistically; might be rearranged depending on the effects of too much holiday punch on my ability to read before bed)
  • Sweetly by Jackson Pearce - January 3 (library)
  • Ghostopolis by Doug TenNapel - January 6 (library)
  • The Godfather of Kathmandu by John Burdett - January 10
  • Lonely Werewolf Girl by Martin Millar - January 13
I hope that those of you celebrating holidays over the next weeks celebrate them in good spirits. And as always, if you're reading anything interesting, drop me a comment and let me know. Especially heading into 2012; there are only so many books I can read before the end of the world. I want to make sure I prioritize. 

--emily

No comments:

Post a Comment